I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I received my Bachelor’s of Science degree in Psychology from Yale University and my Master’s of Social Work degree from George Mason University. Before pursuing my MSW, I worked as a researcher at the Yale Child Study Center specializing in young children on the Autism Spectrum. I also worked at the Veterans Administration in Charleston, SC on research with veterans experiencing PTSD and substance use disorders.
I work with children, teenagers, and adults to help manage anxiety, depression, life transitions, trauma, grief, and loss. I believe in the power of connection in building resilience and in meeting every client wherever they are in their journey of healing. I strive to create an open and welcoming environment for my clients to explore, learn, and embrace their own life stories.
In addition to my clinical position as a therapist, I am also responsible for the Intake Coordinator role. I recognize that reaching out for help for yourself or your child can be an overwhelming task. I strive to help guide you through the process with as much kindness and support as possible.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
A Few of My Favorite Books
Books for Children:
- But We’re Not Lions Written by Karen Young
- Hey, Warrior Written by Karen Young
- The Little Book of Big What-Ifs Written by Renata Liwska
Books for Adults:
- Permission to Feel Written by Marc Brackett
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog Written by Bruce Perry and Maia Szalavitz
- The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-term Effects of Childhood Adversity Written by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris
- The Heart of Trauma Written by Bonnie Badenoch
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma Written by Bessel van der Kolk
Sabrina Polio, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker